best plants for no care cemetery - Knowledgebase Question

Question by BOOP345
Hi, I live 1 1/2 hours from the cemetery plots that I take care of. Care you please tell me of flowers that I can plant that do not need to be cared for and that will not be a problem for the maintenance people that cut the grass there? Geraniums need the dead flowers cut off, ground cover spread out of our space, and I don't know what to do. Silk flowers are not permitted in the summer months.

Perennials will be a good choice for the cemetery because once established, they will come back year after year with less need for ongoing maintenance. Keep in mind that while perennials will be easier than annuals, they will not produce flowers all summer long. For areas in full sun, here is a list of recommended easy care perennials: Achillea (Yarrow), Euphorbia (Spurge), Aurinia (Basket of Gold), Tiarella (Foam Flower), Digitalis (Foxglove), Geum, Iris, Heather and Armeria (Thrift). For areas in shade consider Hosta, Asarum (Wild Ginger), Barrenwort, and Galium (Sweet Woodruff). Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"