Yellow Wing Hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Worth, Fl
Question by jjmollfulled
I Bought (2) Y W Hibiscus from Home Depot last week and the leaves are turning yellow with black spots. Can you please tell me what's the problem and how to fix?

Jose J Mollfulleda

Yellowing leaves can indicate water stress, but they might also be just a natural dropping of older leaves, especially if the yellowing leaves are on the inner parts of the branches and lower down on the plant. After they drop, new leaves should take their places. The black spots can indicate a secondary fungal infection. I'd pick off the yellowing leaves to remove the fungal spores from the plant. Now that you have the shrubs at home, give them some morning sun and afternoon shade, keep the soil moist but not soggy wet and feed them lightly with a water soluable fertilizer. You should see some healthy new growth in a few weeks. Best wishes with your new plants.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"