Round Up - Knowledgebase Question

Beaumont, Te
Question by lc5410
We live in Beaumont TX. We have a flower bed that was invaded with a dollar weed. My husband sprayed Round Up on it and still didn't kill it. What can we do to kill the weed? How long do we have to wait to plant again in this bed after being sprayed with Round Up?

0

Dollar weed or pennywort is difficult to eradicate in flower beds because any chemical that will kill it will kill your flowers, too. The best way to get rid of the weed is to throughly soak the flower bed and then hand pull all the weeds, roots and all. It sounds more difficult than it really is - dollar weed pulls out quite easily when the ground is wet. Wish I had an easier solution for you! There's about a 21 day waiting period after applying Round Up. Just to make sure, read the fine print on the label and it will tell you exactly how long to wait before planting.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"