Dog problems - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! I have a dog, she is a Beagle. I recently build a raised vegetable garden bed, and my dog started laying on the garden bed and walking on it. The garden bed isn't very high about 1 foot tall maybe shorter.Anyway what kind a plant would repel my dog? I heard that marigolds may repel dogs, is that true? I don't want to use chemicals, or sound waves or any of that stuff.
Thank you!

0

Marigolds will only repel your dog if the leaves or flowers are crushed so I don't know that that's an option. Aside from training your dog to stay out of the garden or placing a temporary barrier such as those little picket fences that come in 2' long pieces, I can't think of anything else that might work. Planting dwarf barberry shrubs around the garden might work. They have sharp spines on the branches that might be a deterrent. Hope you find something that works!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"