Berry concerned - Knowledgebase Question

Richmond, Te
Question by Therepack200
I started a fruit garden, but something is eating my strawberries, I was told to use insecticidal soap, I bought one from orthro eco-friendly but i am not sure i want to use it... is it really safe to use on my fruit and can ii sray it on my other plant i also have lots of birds that want my berries sould i buy a birdfeeder to keep them from getting my berries

0

I'm not sure what might be eating the berries. Birds like them but so do slugs and beetles of all kinds. Insecticidal soap is made from the fatty acids of plants and will control soft bodied insects such as aphids but won't keep slugs, snails or beetles away. It is safe to use on fruits and vegetables and won't harm you or wildlife. However, if you are concerned about using it, you might just want to place birdnetting over the strawberry plants to keep birds out and then carefully monitor the strawberry patch until you discover what the something that's eating the berries might be. Once you know the identity of the culprit, control will be much easier. Submit another question to this forum once you've identified the pest and we'll research the most eco-friendly approach to control.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"