Raised Garden Bed - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by marychapman5
I would like to build a raised Garden bed that I can sit on the edge of....how do I do this?

0

Your raised bed can be any length but for ease of gardening should be only about 4' wide. If you want to sit on the edges, build the bed two and a half to three feet high (about the height of a terrace or retaining wall). I'd use interlocking landscape blocks to make it sturdy enough for sitting, or hefty timbers such as cedar or redwood. Depending upon the type of material you choose, you may have to bury the first course into the ground by half its height. For interlocking blocks you'll level the area and then dig a trench, lay some gravel and inset the first course of blocks. The material will have a set of instructions to follow for proper installation. For wood, you'll need to do almost the same thing - anchor it into the ground and then nail or screw everything together so it's sturdy. Hope this answers your question!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "