Ficus Benjamin - Knowledgebase Question

Chagrin Falls, Oh
Question by hptackova
I have two beautiful Ficus Benjamin Trees. The grow, but when I water them, some light centipedes/grubs (up to 3/4 of inch long) come to the surface. They go to the carpet... yuck!!! HOW CAN I GET RID of them??? Can I save my trees? I have them inside all year round.
How can I protect tropical plants and palms what I have outside for season from getting insect to the soil??? Thank you for help.Ha

0

Flooding the soil should wash them out. Repeated flooding (wait until you can take your trees outdoors this spring), or setting the containers in a larger container of water and letting them sit for about 15 minutes should flush them out. The insect pests will rise to the top and float away. You can provide this same immersion trick in the late summer or fall when you plan to take your plants back indoors.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"