Fern Peony - Knowledgebase Question

Humboldt, So
Question by andygrace
I have had a fern peony for 18 years and decided to move it and perhaps divide it. There are cormers, tuber like things. Can I successfully
grow fern peonies from these? How do I do this?

You can divide your peony by separating each of the crowns and replanting them. The crowns should have four to five eyes. Just gently wiggle loose the root sections or small crown growths to remove them from the root ball. If you can't wiggle them free, sink two long knives into the center of the root mass and gently pull on both knives to pry the root ball apart. Continue to pry the root ball sections apart until you've separated the crowns. Each division should have a section of the root crown and four to five eyes on the root structure. Replant and you should have several new plants.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"