plants drying out - Knowledgebase Question

La Habra, Ca
Question by stellalee092
I planted few Azarea on my backyard. I planted on the slope and I didnt know that I had to loose the root parts up when I plant them. And the flowers dried out. Do you think it is because I did not loose up the roots?
Thanks

0

I don't think the drying flowers had anything to do with loosening the roots before you planted your azaleas. Azaleas flower once each year, in the spring. The flowers last only a few weeks and then die. All summer your plant will spend time growing and developing flower buds for next spring's flowers. Although it is often recommended that you loosen the rootball when you plant shrubs and tree, it is not absolutely necessary. I think your new shrubs are just showing a little transplant stress. After they have been in the ground for a few weeks they will recover and begin to show new growth. Be sure to water them well once or twice a week. Best wishes with your new azaleas!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"