BARE - ROOT ROSES - Knowledgebase Question

Dededo, Gu
Question by mveyonip
I recently ordered bare-root roses and it was already shipped and will be arriving few days from now, I plan to have it planted in a container so I could easily put it inside during the typoon season here in Guam, I have no idea on how to plant a bare-root roses in a container, please help me. Thank you

There's nothing special you need to do when planting your roses in a container. When the roses arrive set the roots in a bucket of water for an hour or so to help rehydrate them. Then choose a large container - about 5 gallon size - and fill it with potting soil. Dig a hole in the soil, set the roots in the potting soil, cover them with potting soil and water everything well. The roses will come out of dormancy and you'll see some swelling on the canes. These are the new leaves and stems. As long as you water as often as necessary to keep the soil moist but not soggy wet, and if you set your roses outdoors in the full sunshine, they should grow and bloom for you. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"