Avocados - Knowledgebase Question

Davenport, Fl
Question by lidmario11
Months ago I plant an avocado seed in a bucket.Now almost 4 feet high I plant it in back yard in a hole with top soil.Leaves becomes brown.Also in the growing branches the small new leaves with the points brown.What is missing?

0

The browning leaf tips can indicate overwatering, which is easy to do with a plant in a container. Go ahead and plant your avocado tree outdoors. Give it plenty of space because they can become really large trees. It will take a few months for the tree to adapt to growing outdoors so don't expect lots of new growth until the roots establish. Since the plant was indoors, the leaves will be susceptible to sunscald and may burn and fall off. But, as long as the roots remain healthy, you should see healthy new growth later this summer. Best wishes with your avocado tree.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"