Hanging baskets - Knowledgebase Question

Villa Hills, Ke
Question by eshelestak
I guess this is going to be two questions.The 1st one, can I plant a strawberry plant in a coco hanging basket? I've seen them,but unsure if it will take or not.
The 2nd question,what type of flowers are good to grow in hanging baskets?I bought 4 14

The original purpose of the coir or moss liner is to hold extra water as a sort of reservoir and to enable planting on all sides of the container to provide a very full decorative look, especially when viewed from below. As long as you fill the basket with potting soil and then plant a few strawberry plants in the center so they can trail down, plus a few poked into the sides, I think your strawberry basket will look lovely - and produce edible berries, too. Strawberries grow best in full sunshine, so find a sunny spot for it. Expect the basket to dry out quickly in full sun, though, so check daily and water as often as necessary. Other annuals for full sunshine include geraniums, sweetpotato vine, nasturtiums, portulaca (moss rose), wave petunias, creeping thyme, sweet alyssum, trailing verbena, and lantana. For part sun you can grow lobelia, fuchsia, bedding begonia, and impatiens. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"