Grubs have eaten my grass - Knowledgebase Question

Herriman, Ut
Question by amiller2489
Late last summer I had a bad case of the grubs destroy my lawn. This year my goal is to bring my grass back. I just had my lawn (dirt patch) fertilized and aereated. How long should I wait to put grub pellets on my grass and re-seed my lawn as well? Any helpful tips would be great!

0

You can reseed now. To control the grubs you can treat your lawn with a product like Grubex or Bayer Advanced Season-Long Grub Control granules, applied according to label directions. Grubex should be applied in mid-summer; the Bayer product is time release and can be applied to your lawn a little earlier in the season. Wait until after you've mowed the new grass 2-3 times before applying any grub control product. You want the new grass to establish well.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"