Jeruaslem Artichokes - Knowledgebase Question

Silt, Co
Question by sunnyws
Can I plant Jeruaslem Artichokes in a raised garden bed. It is only about 10 inches deep so I am not sure if this is deep enough.

0

I don't think the bed is deep enough, but planting Jerusalem artichokes in a container is a good idea! Jerusalem artichokes are fabulously easy to grow ? they are rampant beasts that thrive in tough conditions. In fact, if you let them loose in your garden you may never be rid of them again.

If you don?t have a vegetable plot, or don?t want them to run riot, then plant them in a tub or other deep container (18-24" inches deep to accommodate the roots). I've planted them in half-whiskey barrels and the containers are deep enough and heavy enough to keep the 15' tall plants from toppling over in the wind.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"