Cataractarum Palm turning yellow - Knowledgebase Question

SEbastian, Fl
Question by antje_naeser
Hello. I just recently bought two Cataractarum Palm and the leaves are turning yellow on both plants. One is exposed to medium sunlight and the other one is on my Patio facing North West side. I do water them frequently, making sure the soil does not dry out. Do you have any advice what else to do and why the leaves are truning yellow.
Thank you :-)

It sounds as though your cat palms are having trouble adjusting to their new homes. Cataractarum palms need to be watered frequently to keep their roots well-hydrated. Water daily, if necessary, to keep its soil wet. Reduce the frequency of your watering if you see standing water at the base of the palm. To promote new growth, fertilize with a specially-formulated palm tree fertilizer now and again in June and October. Apply the fertilizer according to package instructions and water it in. Regular fertilization will help keep the palm's fronds green and healthy.

At this time I can only suggest you prune as needed to removed discolored, diseased or dead fronds. Removing problem fronds as soon as you notice them will allow the palm to produce healthy, new growth. Best wishes with your cat palms.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"