Why does my jacaranda tree die - Knowledgebase Question

scottsdale, Ar
Question by mbuc310
I have a 2nd Jacaranda tree die in an area where other plants thrive. I planted the last one last spring. Now, i have a dead stick with new leaves at the bottom of the trunk.

0

Sounds as though the roots are alive, as evidenced by the new growth, but that the trunk died back. Usually this kind of problem is weather related but I don't remember any extensive or hard freezes last winter so I'm not sure what caused yours to die. I wish I had an answer. Obviously the soil drains well or the roots would not still be alive. Jacaranda's are fast growing trees so if you can be a little patient the shoots will develop into tree trunks. Choose the healthiest, biggest shoot and prune the rest away. This new shoot will grow about two feet a year and in a few years you'll have a small but healthy new tree.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"