roses - Knowledgebase Question

Eastpointe, Mi
Question by eeason325
i have a soaker hose around my knockout roses how often should i water them ?I have a timmer on them and the area they are in the sun shine from 10am to 8pm once a day once a week and for how long

How often you should water depends on how often it rains, how long your soil retains moisture, and how fast water evaporates in your climate. Soil type is another important factor. Clay soils hold water very well -- sometimes too well. Sandy soils are like a sieve, letting the water run right through. One way to determine when to irrigate is to take a soil core sample from the plant root zone and squeeze it into a ball. If the ball holds together in the palm of your hand, the soil has sufficient water. If it crumbles, apply water. With a little practice you'll be able to figure out just how long you need to keep your soaker hose on.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"