snowball bush - Knowledgebase Question

blue springs, Mi
Question by marceia
I purchased a snowball viburnum (viburnum opulus roseum) last year and expected a beautiful bush loaded with whiteflowers. Instead my bush is producing green flowers. I am very disappointed and am considering bring the shrub back to home depot for a refund. Any advise?

0

Actually, you may be a little premature in your assumption that your snowball bush isn't up to par. Viburnum opulus roseum, called snowball viburnum, is best known for its 3" heads of sterile flowers that open green and mature to ivory white. They won't mature for another 3-4 weeks but you should see the apple green color begin to fade to white as the flowers mature. Give your shrub a little more time - I think you'll be pleased with the results!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"