wild violets - Knowledgebase Question

Berkeley, Il
Question by harper1039
Although I have used most product to eliminate wild violets in my lawn I am not having success. What do you suggest as they are getting out of hand from my neighbors yard. THANK YOU!

0

Wild violets are really difficult to control because they grow from underground bulbs which store lots of energy for regrowth if the tops of the plants are mowed down. The only way to remove these pesty weeds is to dig them out, roots and all. You can try painting the tops of the plants with Round Up but this will kill only the tops, not the bulbs so repeat applications will be necessary. Of course if you get Round Up on your turf, it will kill the turf as well. Wish there were an easier solution, but digging them up, bulbs and all, is the only way to eliminate wild violets.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"