Trinette Schefflera - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by marymoore196
I repoted my plant the day I go it home and water it the leaves and stems are turning dark brown and falling off I puted the plant on the porch in the sun I LOVE this plant but it alway die on me can you PLEASE HELP me. What can i do to save My Plant. Thank you very much, very much.

It sounds like you're overwatering your plant. Schefflera arboricola can adapt to a wide variety of light levels but prefers higher light if possible especially the variegated varieties ? ?Gold Capella? & ?Trinette?. If leaves turn brown or black and begin dropping off it?s a good signal the soil is staying too wet. On the flip side when leaf tips wrinkle if they are too dry.

These plants have a pretty extensive root system and can even grow climbing a tree. They also seek water when being grown outside. As with most plants used indoors, arboricola does not like to sit in water so avoid letting the plant sit in that saucer after you water it likes to be moist but not wet. The best way to check for soil moisture is to stick your finger down into the potting soil. If it is still moist an inch beneath the surface you won't need to water for a few days. If the soil feels dry, it's time to water. I hope that adjusting your watering practices now will help save the plant!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"