Help with Azaleas - Knowledgebase Question

Little Rock, Ar
Question by hottomato100
I planted an encore azalea last week in a bed that gets some morning sun and afternoon shade. Already blooms are wilting, newer leaves are wilting and older leaves are getting dry feeling and hanging vertical. I gave some azalea food when i first planted it. Same thing happened last year. Help!

0

Since you just recently planted your azaleas I think they are just showing some signs of transplant stress. When plants are flowering they are busy supporting both the flowers and the foliage. If you transplant them they switch to concentrating on establishing their roots so they drop their flowers and withhold water from the leaves. The flowers will drop off but the leaves should perk up. Just water your azaleas deeply every 3-4 days for about 2 weeks. The roots should establish well and the leaves should perk up. Best wishes with your new azaleas!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"