Weed removal from a new lawn - Knowledgebase Question

cleveland, Te
Question by forelsu
New here.... I just built a new house and seeded my lawn last fall and now all these weeds are coming up from the straw that I used. Is this an annual and will these weeds come back next year? What's the best method to get rid of these and not damage the new grass?

0

If you pull weeds by hand, you'll get the offending plants without killing your lawn. Remember, though, that it's best to keep off new lawns until they've established themselves. Weeds are almost guaranteed to pop up in your new lawn. One of the best strategies is simply to realize they're not going to take over completely, and spray them once your lawn has matured. A good rule of thumb is to wait until you've mowed your new lawn at least three times. After that, you can use a weed and feed to zap those weeds without worry.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"