Fruit tree - Knowledgebase Question

eden, Ne
Question by debbiecondo
Apricot tree-20 years old-has fruit that turns fuzzy-bark and inner wood distorted and some dead-nearby to Chinese Chestnut trees which have blight-does this tree have blight? what can I do?woodpeckers drilling into dead cavity to get insects.

Stone fruits are susceptible to bacterial canker, which causes the sap to ooze from the branches. Other problems can also cause the oozing sap, such as insects. I would spray the tree with copper hydroxide, if you can reach all the way to the top. Copper hydoxide is a safe product for bacterial disease management. It can be found sold as Hi-Yield Copper Fungicide at most garden centers. Outside of keeping the tree fertilized and watered, this is probably all you can do. Good luck with your tree.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"