pests/pets out my yard - Knowledgebase Question

Detroit, Mi
Question by markadera
Howmor what can i use to keep pets out my flower bed?

0

You can't blame dogs and cats for wanting to dig in fresh, sweet soil, but it can be bothersome to have them digging in your flower bed. Pets are creatures of habit. The key is to break that habit by making their experience in your flower bed an unpleasant one. You can put up a temporary barrier until they learn not to visit your garden, or you can place decorative stone or large pieces of bark over the soil surface between your plants to keep them from digging. An inexpensive deterrent consists of stakes placed around your flower bed with nylon fishing line strung from stake to stake. Keep the line about 6" above the soil surface and make sure it criss-crosses every 8". Animals entering the bed will quickly exit because they'll be afraid of getting their legs caught. Once they associate fear with being near the flower bed, they'll stop visiting. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"