my mint is not growing - Knowledgebase Question

norcross, Ge
Question by remix_con
so i dug a hole about 2 ft deep removed the old dirt put weed protection down and filled it up with soil and i planted mint but its not growing vary nicely is there anyfood or something i can give itll grow bigger?

0

I understand putting down the weed barrier - once mint roots escape into the soil they will be very hard to eradicate. However, it's possible the weed barrier is holding too much water around the roots of your mint. If it blocks normal drainage the roots of your mint might be sitting in a bathtub of water. I'd dig the mint out of the ground and plant it in a nursery pot. You can sink the pot into the soil and achieve the same root restriction as the weed barrier would provide. However, a nursery pot will drain much better. Mint likes soil on the dry side so try not to overwater. Good luck with your mint.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"