Growing a Peony at its best! - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
Last year, I grew a 3rd year peony that flowered on strong stalks and over 80% of the rhizome bloomed. The part that didn't turned black on the heads and never opened up. This year, it is already showing it's heads and I wanted to make sure the whole thing bloomed, should I spray some type of fungal protection on it to keep the disease away? Thanks, you guys are great!

0

You're right - a preventative spray will keep your peonies from developing fungal infections. Use a copper based fungicide such as Bonide Liquid Copper Concentrate,
Natural Guard Copper Soap Fungicide Concentrate, Camelot Fungicide/Bactericide Concentrate, Concern Copper Soap Fungicide, or Hi-Yield Copper Fungicide Concentrate. Apply according to label directions and repeat sprays if recommended on the product label. Hope your peonies are their absolute best this year. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"