palm tree - Knowledgebase Question

Henderson, Ne
Question by angelaromer2
I recently transplanted two palm tree's from my neighbor's yard to mind. The tree's at first did okay with leaves turning green but now the leaves are all dead and a brown color. I scratch the trunk of the tree and it is green. Have tried liquid fertlizer and nothing. How do I know if tree is still able to save?

0

Transplant stress is common with newly transplanted trees and shrubs. Sounds like your palms are no exception. There's not much you can do except wait for the palms to re-establish their root systems. It can take a few weeks. Water them regularly, but don't overwater them - soggy soils can suffocate the roots. Water deeply every 4-5 days for the next 2 weeks, then once a week. I think you'll see some new growth soon. Best wishes with your palms.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "