Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Henderson, Ne
Question by angelaromer2
How often do you water roses. I have watered my daily when first planted now every other day. The stems have turned a black color and looks a little sick. Want to make sure i'm not over watering.

0

You're probably overwatering. Roses like moisture but the soil needs to dry out a little between waterings. Too much water can suffocate the roots. Roses usually get by with about an inch of water per week. In the spring that equates to watering deeply once each week. In the hot summer months, twice a week. Make a watering basin beneath each rose by mounding up a few inches of soil. Fill the basin, allow to drain, then fill a second time. This will concentrate the moisture over the rootmass and allow it to trickle down and wet the entire root mass. Best wishes with your roses.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "