landscape desperate - Knowledgebase Question

Deltona, Fl
Question by mustgt95
I use to have a great yard & lovely plants,after 17 years I ended up having to replace a drain field,which isn't cheap. So went all my plants. Now my health isn't good & I am limited to bending,& getting down into the ground. Since I have a septic tank & drain field right in the center of my yard,what plants,trees etc can I put in my front yard? Thanks,Nancy

0

I'd be really careful about planting shrubs or trees over or near a septic tank. The larger the shrub, the more extensive the root system. Two plants with relatively small root systems are azaleas and Pieris. Pieris can grow upwards of six feet tall so it might be what you're looking for. Otherwise, I'd erect a trellis or some other support system and grow vines rather than growing tall shrubs with extensive root systems. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "