Tomatoes/Peppers - Knowledgebase Question

Westmoreland, Ne
Question by mdsmith654
I want to try to grow tomatoes/pepper plants this year. I'm going to buy the plants already started, any kind I should buy? I have never grown veggies so I am clueless on where and how to grow them. Any info is very helpful..THANK YOU!!

0

Both peppers and tomatoes need at least 8 hours of sunshine each day. They do best in rich, well draining soils so take some time now to prepare the planting bed by incorporating some compost or aged manure to enrich the soil and help it drain well. The types of tomatoes you grow will depend upon your personal preferences for large or small tomatoes. Check the plant tag for days to maturity. The shorter the number of days, the better success you will have with your tomatoes (some need a very long summer season - others will mature in only 60 days. Here's a publication from Cornell University that covers everything about tomatoes (peppers need the same cultural care). Hope you find it helpful: http://www.gardening.cornell.e...

Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"