Lime Tree - Knowledgebase Question

LAS VEGAS, Ne
Question by MDECASTRO6
This is the 2nd year that my lime tree blooming and I noticed that after few days of showing small fruit as big as green mongo turned yellow and falling off the tree! should I need to spray something to hold and grow? or what should I do?
Please advise! What kind of fertilizer do I need and when is the profer time to apply those?
Thanks,
Marcial J. de Castro

0

What you describe is perfectly normal for all citrus trees. They produce dozens and dozens of flowers but not all are capable of developing into fruits. Lack of pollination contributes to the premature fruit drop but the size and maturity of the tree also contributes. Lime trees just produce more flowers than they are capable of developing into fruits. The fruits it does develop will be larger and sweeter after this natural fruit drop. There's really nothing you can do to keep the tiny fruit from aborting.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "