lucky bamboo - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Worth, Te
Question by neetug31
my indoor lucky bamboo is turning yellowish, So how can i stop it to turning yellowish.this is indoor has plenty of water, it is 4 to 5 months old, it is starting to turn yellow last week, help me what can i do!

Yellowing is not a good sign! This plant really only tolerates indirect light, and yellowing can be a sign of too much light reaching it. So the lighting is one thing to check. Next, this plant really seems to object to fertilizer salts and other minerals in the water so the yellowing could also be related to that. I would suggest using rain water for it if you can, and do not fertilize it. Change the water and clean the vase frequently so it does not "sour". You may be able to save it if you can trim away the yellowed portion, then rinse the underwater part of the plant in a solution of bleach and water -- one part ordinary chlorine bleach to nine parts water. Rinse it off and also rinse out the container with the bleach/water solution. Dry it, then rinse and refill with plain water. This should help stop that problem from recurring in the water. Good luck with your lucky bamboo!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"