Azalea Bush - Knowledgebase Question

Verona, PA
Question by renebickert
My question is....my husband and I moved into a house 3 years this summer and the people before us had an Azalea Bush planted and I want to move to another location. Don't know how old it is, but it's absolutely beautiful when it blooms into big flowers. When should we move it, what kind of treatment should I be using after transplanted?? Help and thank you!. Rene' Bickert

0

You can move your azalea after it has finished flowering or you can wait and move it in the late winter when it is not actively growing. You'll want to plant it at the same soil level as it was growing before the move and water it deeply twice a week for a couple of weeks until the root system has a chance to become established. Then return to your regular watering schedule. Expect some wilting after the move. Once it adjusts to its new growing spot it will perk up. Best wishes with your azalea.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"