fertilizer for Norfolk Pine - Knowledgebase Question

Vero Beach, Fl
Question by ejbrow99
My Norfolk pine is planted outside in Fl. the bottom branches have turned brown what should I do?

0

It's normal for the lower branches to eventually die off on your Norfolk Island pine. As long as the tree looks otherwise healthy and is putting out new growth it's probably normal and natural. However, spider mites can damage Norfolk Island pines (look for webbing on the branches or between the needles), and overwatering or overfeeding can also cause the browning. I wouldn't feed the plant at this point. First you'll need to put on your detective cap and figure out if the browning lower branches are normal or are caused by insects or overwatering. Once you determine the cause you can treat for insects, adjust your watering or simply cut them off. Hope its just normal aging of the branches.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"