flowers from seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Landing, Ne
Question by heinekuhn
To avoid expensive flats of flowers, how do I go about planting seeds in planters? How will I know which to choose? How much of the seed packet would be planted in one planter?

0

You can purchase seed packages in your local garden center and plant each seed individually in a flower pot or in the ground, or you can sprinkle them over a prepared tray of potting soil and after they emerge, separate the plants so they are growing about one inch apart. After they develop two sets of leaves they can be transplanted into individual flower pots or into your garden. How far apart to plant them will depend upon their mature size, which will be listed on the back of the seed packet.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"