bougainvillias - Knowledgebase Question

Delray Beach, Fl
Question by adianethoma
Hello the leaves on my bougainvillia appear to be eaten by some type of bug. I think that it also has fugus and very little flowers. Can you advise?

Bougainvillea caterpillar is the most common pest to damage bougainvilleas in Florida. They're green and feed on the leaves, usually hanging out on the backsides of the leaves so they're difficult to find. Check your plant carefully. If you find any, you can control them with Dipel or Thuricide. You didn't describe the symptoms for what you think is a fungus. Bougainvillea are usually disease free so I'm not sure what to recommend. You might simply try pruning your bougainvillea back to remove any diseased portions of the plant. Good luck with your bougainvillea.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"