Curly leaves and no fruit on lemon tree. - Knowledgebase Question

DALY CITY, Ca
Question by carcamomaria
The tree is 3 years old and no lemons. Why are there lemon trees at the store already bearing fruit and when you plant them it takes years for it to bear fruit again?

0

It can take a lemon tree a full year to establish in the garden but after that initial adjustment, it should flower and bear fruit. To have no fruit from a three year old tree leads me to believe it is not getting quite what it needs in terms of exposure to sun or adequate water. Curling leaves indicates a water stress or an insect infestation. Yellowing leaves on the citrus can indicate a need for iron. I use Iron Sulphate in amounts as recommended on the label, along with citrus food 3 times a year. Water is important so water deeply twice a week in the summer months and once a week November - April. Perhaps the iron and the regular watering will help your edible landscape bear fruit. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"