Kind of soil - Knowledgebase Question

Woodbridge, Vi
Question by ismaildost
I would like to know is that if the soil which says for flowers and vegetables (ground) can be used in place of potting soil or not. I need to fill up some pots but I don

You'd think that all soils are created equal but they actually are prepared specifically for different uses. You can use the soil mix for flowers and vegetables in containers but if it dries out it can be hard to rewet. And because it has a clay content it's heavy, and it can remain too wet, causing root rot in containerized plants. It's better suited for use in the ground. Potting soil is a mixture of compost, sand, shredded bark and perlite. It drains quickly and yet holds just the right amount of moisture for the roots of potted plants. If you have a choice, use potting soil in your containers. If you don't have a choice and need to use packaged soil instead of potting soil, be careful with your watering. Best wishes with your plants!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"