tomotoes - Knowledgebase Question

Harpers Ferry, We
Question by jaspinson
I get a growth in the stems of my tomotoes thatkills the stems won't let water to yhe top of plants I know i should plant disease rest. plants, but you never seem to cary them in your stores do you have any plans to carry them in the future?

I can't tell from your description whether the plants have developed crown gall, stem rot or pith necrosis, or a fungal disease such as Fusarium or Verticillium. Either can cause cause vascular collapse. Some disease pathogens persist in the soil so it is important to rotate your crops. If you plant your tomatoes in the same garden spot year after year, you'll have more disease problems than if you moved them around in your garden. There are many disease resistant tomato cultivars. Look for the letters V of F on the plant tags. Or, purchase the following disease resistant tomatoes: Brandywine, Neptune, Rutgers, Shady Lady, Stupice, Celebrity, and Sungold. Best wishes with your tomatoes.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"