asian beetles - Knowledgebase Question

jenison, Mi
Question by kdw64
My raspberry plants attract asian beetles in the summer. Is there something I can put in my soil now before summer happens?

0

Japanese beetles are a difficult pest to control. One approach is the botanical Rotenone. It's a nonselective, slow-acting nerve poison that paralyzes insects after they eat it. It is highly toxic to most beetles and other insects with chewing mouthparts. It breaks down in about one week when exposed to air and sunlight. It's nontoxic to humans, as are pyrethrin products. Or, you can try Bioneem or a new product called whole neem oil. This is different than the Bioneem in that it is a stronger concentration of this organic spray. It's available from Greenlight Co., and is generally available at Home Depot garden centers. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"