Best Indoor Plant with low sunlight - Knowledgebase Question

Manchester, Co
Question by komalakavith
Hi,
I live in CT state. I would like to buy an indoor plant for my apartment. Could you please suggest me the best indoor plant which stays for year long and which brings liveliness to my room? This is my first plant, so could you also suggest the tips in taking care of it.

0

There are lots of easy care houseplants. Those with tropical foliage take low to moderate levels of light which are typical indoors and the only care they need is regular watering and occasional trimming of the old leaves when they turn yellow. Some to consider include the Philodendron family. These are the easiest of house plants and most can go pretty dry between waterings if you forget to water, and can stay rootbound in the same pot for years:

Aglaonema commutatum or Chinese evergreen - Marbled foliage on a small, elegant, tough plant; Dieffenbachia or Dumb cane; Epipremnum aureus (Golden Pothos) one of the easiest house plant of all! This is a climbing or trailing vine; Philodendron cordatum (Heartleaf philodendron) and Nephthytis (Butterfly vine) are similar;
Monstera deliciosa. Split-leaf philodendron. Leaves will be small under low light but huge in bright conditions; Spathiphyllum (Peace Lily) - one of the few easy indoor plants which flowers, sporting white calla-lily blooms in summer.

Choose any of the above and enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"