garden - Knowledgebase Question

dacula, Ge
Question by shadealma
I just planted some annual flowers and i would like to know what i need to do regularly apart from watering them to make sure that they grow and remain healthy. are there some plant food that i need to use on a regular basis? do i need to add new soil after a certain amount of time? how do i contro weeds from growing around them.

Your annual flowers will perform best if you regularly pinch off or cut off the faded flowers, water them on a regular basis, and feed them every 4-6 weeks with a granular or liquid fertilizer. I use Miracle Gro fertilizer but there are many brands on the market. To control weeds, lay a 2-3 inch thick mulch on the bare soil around your plants. Compost works well and you can dig it into the soil at the end of the season to help enrich your garden soil. Best wishes with your new plants!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"