hydrangia - Knowledgebase Question

seminole, Fl
Question by swboobala
do hydrangia's change color with different soil? If so, please let me know or guide me to some information. Thank you so much!

0

You can change the color of hydrangea blooms with a simple soil treatment, but the treatment must be started in the early spring to have any affect on the flowers. Pink and red bydrangeas often turn blue or purple in acid soils, and plants can be made red by liming the soil or applying superphosphate. For blue flowers, treat the soil with 2 Tablespoons of aluminum sulphate per plant, making 4-6 applications at 2 week intervals, starting in the early spring before the plants bloom. (Sulfur will acidify the soil. The desired pH range would be between 5.5 and 6.) For pink flowers, add lime to the soil, to raise the pH above 7.8). Test your soil to measure the pH range.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"