Do roses change color? - Knowledgebase Question

Allen, Te
Question by accessentrys
My Salmon colored roses have come out red this year. I have never had this happen before. What has caused this?

0

Roses don't change colors but some roses are grafted onto vigorous root stocks and if the graft is damaged or if the root stock is allowed to produce suckers, the rootstock will overtake the grafted part and you'll get the flower color of the rootstock rather than the grafted rose. I suspect that's what has happened to yours. Trace the cane down to the base of the plant. It will be coming from below the swollen or grafted area on the stem. You may be able to prune out the rootstock suckers and restore the grafted part - if you're also getting salmon colored roses. If all the roses are red it means the grafted or upper part of your rose bush is dead. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "