Hibiscus problems - Knowledgebase Question

Allen, Te
Question by accessentrys
I have 2 Hibiscus plants in containers, which get 6 hours of sun a day. I keep them moist. Some of the leaves turn yellow and it often drops buds. What is the problem?

0

It's normal for broadleaf evergreen such as hibiscus to shed their oldest leaves during the growing season. If the yellowing leaves are scattered throughout the plant it's part of the natural process. However, if the new leaves are also yellowing, it indicates overwatering. Some plants produce more flower buds than they are able to develop into flowers so the bud drop can be a natural process - or it can indicate a root stress from overwatering. As long as your hibiscus plants are putting out healthy new growth and are opening most of the flower buds they produce, they are probably fine.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"