Strawberries - Knowledgebase Question

Allen, Te
Question by accessentrys
I have 3 strawberries, growing in a container, which I keep coverd with a wire grill cover. It produces small flowers and small strawberries, but they seem to disappear. I somethig eating them and what could it be? Nothing larger than a snail could get through the wire covering. I don't see any snails on it.

Sounds as though there's some pest lurking in the soil or beneath the leaves of your plants since nothing can get in from above. Beetles, sowbugs or earwigs might be the culprits and you won't know unless you thoroughly examine the plant leaves, crown, soil and container. Sometimes you can flush them out by setting the container in a larger container of water and letting it sit for about 15 minutes. Any soil dwelling pests will likely try to escape and you'll find them floating in the water. Hope you figure out who's munching on the berries.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"