Adding Topsoil to Existing Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Elgin, Il
Question by ptm60123
I need to add topsoil in my front lawn due to improve drainiage that has caused soil erosion. need to add at least 2-4

You can build up the the low spots by adding an inch of soil over the top of your existing lawn, allowing the grass to grow up through it, then adding another inch. There won't be an erosion problem if you add just a little top soil at a time. The grass will grow through an inch or less of top soil. It's a slow but sure way of leveling low spots. Or, you can pile on the entire amount of soil you need to level the area, tamp the soil down (a lawn roller half filled with water will work), then overseed and use a layer of straw to hold everything in place until the grass roots through the soil to knit it together. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"