Crepe Myrtle - Knowledgebase Question

Brandon, Fl
Question by jimmyzline
I have a few young (about 3 ft) Crepe Myrtles. This winter when they were just sticks my husband pulled one out of the ground thinking it was a dead weed. I put it in a pot with some soil over the winter but it isn't showing any growth and my others are full of leaves. How to I tell if it's a

I don't think I'd give up on it quite yet. Although the plants in the ground are showing new growth, the one in the pot suffered some trauma when it was pulled out of the garden, and it sat with its roots above ground all winter. The roots may have suffered damage from the abrupt removal from the garden and from the winter weather. I think I'd give in another 3-4 weeks to show some signs of life. When it does you can replant it in the ground. Best wishes with your crepe myrtle.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"