potting soil for hanging baskets - Knowledgebase Question

Amherst, Ma
Question by Tccoleman
Hi, I'm going to be growing hanging baskets with millaflora petunias Red Picobella, and Fantasy. I'm using Miracle Grow Moisture control potting soil. Should I add anything else to this soil? It seems kind of light without much body? Cow manure maybe? Thanks. -Tom :o)

Actually, your potting soil is perfect for hanging baskets. When it is fully moistened it will take on weight and it will also compact a little. I generally moisten potting soil in a large container with plenty of water, allowing it to soak and absorb as much as it can, then squeeze it out and fill the hanging baskets. Allow the excess water to drain out and when it stops dripping you can dig small holes to plant your plants. Best wishes with your hanging baskets - they're going to be beautiful!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"