lily of the valley - Knowledgebase Question

Staten Island, Ne
Question by inna_renko
I bought a lily and planted on March 9. It does not have any growth. I took it out of the soil today and do not see any changes.Do you know whats wrong?

0

I think the pip or root is busy soaking up moisture and that's why you don't see any changes. Here are a couple of insider's tricks: Soak your pips in lukewarm water before planting. The pips will absorb water, wake up and be ready to take off. Just take the plastic bag your pips are shipped in, add enough lukewarm water so the peat in the bag is saturated and leave the bag in your sink for a couple of hours. The pips should swell a bit and become hard.

Before tucking your pips into the planting medium, snip the last inch off the roots. This will activate the roots, encourage moisture uptake and jump start the growing process. Plant your lily of the valley so the tops barely poke above the soil surface, about 1 1/2" apart.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "